I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

dinsdag 27 augustus 2013

Great exposure for my work

It took a little longer but finally some great free exposure for my photography.

A few months ago my friend Ferry van der Vliet introduced me and my work to the managing director of the
Society Shop Netherlands. http://www.thesocietyshop.n...l/
We discussed the possibility of showing my work in their windows for a period of 3-4 weeks.
There were almost no limitations and I was even able to place some historical camera's
which have been used for making these pictures.

Many thanks to Ferry, Edo and Martin for creating and offering me this great opportunity!
 
 
 
 
 









 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten