I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 26 augustus 2013

The making of "Tea time....."

 
This was the third time we tried to capture a picture I had in mind called "Tea time...."
During the first time the sun was to bright so the result was not what I had in mind.
The second time I was unlucky. Holding a box with my chemicals including 2 glass bottles
of silver nitrate I fell down the stairs and broke my foot...
So this was the third attempt and I must say: "I am HAPPY...."
 
We were able to use the beautiful garden of Mr. and Mrs. Bakermans
which is located only 500 meters from my place.
Many thanks for hosting your garden!!
 
It took us a few hours to make this plate but this was exactly what I had in mind.
As usual, hours having lots of fun....

The making of video : click here
 
the final result.....



26x26cm black glass ambrotype
Dallmeyer 5d at f6
exposure time 1-2 seconds
 
 


 
 







3 opmerkingen:

  1. This is an absolutely stunning image, it has taken my breath away! A great vision and a fabulous result. Your perseverance paid off, well done to you sir.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. ha, that's fantastic! It's very inspiring to see you guys investing everything for a good image! Again worth of all the effort if Alex is behind the camera.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Gorgeous pictures!!! You have capture beautiful and stunning shots , i LIKE it .

    microstock photo website

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen